Mount as drive letter?

Got questions or helpful tips/tricks? Ask here!

Mount as drive letter?

Postby Stanberry » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:45 pm

Is it possible to mount an iso image on the server an display it as a drive letter on a PC client?
Stanberry

Re: Mount as drive letter?

Postby sarah (electrongoo) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:37 am

ISO Mounter will display each mounted iso file as new folder in the same folder as the original iso file. PC clients can access the mounted iso images directly through the servers shared folders. If the mounted iso image does not reside within your servers shared folders then you can enable ISO Mounters "set relocation folder" option to display all of your mounted isos in a single shared folder on your server. The "set relocation folder" is a new feature we just released today in version 1.10. If you do not have this version of ISO Mounter then simply click the "Check for updates" link from within the add-in. Here is more information on setting up this feature on our url=http://www.electrongoo.com/products/isomounter/howto_relocationfolder.htmlwebsites how-to page/url

More info ... you can set a hard drive letter to a mounted iso image on a client. This can be done on a Windows PC client using the Windows "subst" command. This is not a feature of ISO Mounter but of the Windows operating system. For example, to set drive "X:" to a mounted folder named " en_expression_studio_3_x86_cd_401336.iso" on my server, I open a command box on the PC client and type:

subst x: \\WHS2011SERVER\Documents\ISOs\en_expression_studio_3_x86_cd_401336.iso

Now, the mounted iso file will be displayed as drive X: on my client PC.

I hope that helps.

Thanks!
Sarah
sarah (electrongoo)

Return to ISO Mounter Questions