snoop-de-doup stopped

Got questions or helpful tips/tricks? Ask here!

snoop-de-doup stopped

Postby daman516 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:55 pm

I am using the trail version to decide if I want to buy a licensed version. WHS 2011. I am using a drive pool of about 14TB. SDD stopped after 9891 files search, 699 duplicate files, and 553.04GB searched. I have tried pausing and resuming, as well as restarting my machine. Neither fixed SDD from being stopped. Any solution you can think of?
daman516

Re: snoop-de-doup stopped

Postby sarah (electrongoo) » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:26 pm

Hello daman516,

Pausing/resuming from the snoop-de-dupe app or restarting your server will always force snoop-de-dupe into restart mode. Note, pause/resume will result in some "lost time" where snoop-de-dupe must scan your file system to locate where it left off looking for duplicate files. But, after that initial re-scan of your file system, snoop-de-dupe will continue scanning and your should see the 'files processed' field in the app continue to increment. Since you have almost 10,000 files scanned this process could take up to an hour to complete.

If the 'files processed' field does not continue to increment after an hour then open the snoop-de-dupe app | select More Options | select Enable Diagnostic Logging | Press the OK button to dismiss the dialog. Let snoop-de-dupe sit for about 30 minutes and then gather the diagnostic log and email it to me for review. You can find the diagnostic log by selecting More Options | select Copy Diagnostic Logs. You can attach the resulting diagnostic log file directly to email and send to me at support @ electrongoo.com. Afterwards you can disable logging by opening the snoop-de-dupe app | select More Options | select Disable Diagnostic Logging.

Thanks,
Sarah
sarah (electrongoo)

Postby daman516 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:06 am

It seems I fixed my own problem. I must have accidentally deleted the folders for SDD to watch. :| Thanks for your help, Sarah.
daman516

Postby sarah (electrongoo) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:55 pm

Thank you for the update. Great to hear snoop de dupe is working okay! If you have any additional questions please email me or ask in this forum. Always here to help.

Thanks!
Sarah
sarah (electrongoo)

Return to Snoop-de-dupe Questions