Compatible with duplication feature of drive pooling add-ins

Got questions or helpful tips/tricks? Ask here!

Compatible with duplication feature of drive pooling add-ins

Postby AlejandraOoten » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:49 pm

Ive been using SnoopDeDupe for about six months now (a fabulous add-in!). Is SnoopDeDupe compatible with the duplication feature of other add-ins like DriveBender or DrivePool on WHS 2011?

Any issues I should be aware of?

Thanks -
Alejandra
Last edited by AlejandraOoten on Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlejandraOoten

Re: Compatible with duplication feature of drive pooling add

Postby sarah (electrongoo) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:24 pm

Hi Alejandra,

Our Quality Assurance and Test team does qualify the Snoop-de-dupe add-in with other WHS add-ins before we release a new version to the public; Drivepool and Drive Bender are add-ins that we test with. There is nothing special you need to do to ensure these add-ins work together. Drivepool and Drive Bender store their replication data within a hidden folder and snoop-de-dupe automatically ignores files within hidden folders so everything "just works!"

So ... Snoop-de-dupe will never incorrectly locate any of the replication data generated by those drive pooling add-ins.

Thanks,
Sarah
sarah (electrongoo)

Re: Compatible with duplication feature of drive pooling add

Postby AlejandraOoten » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:31 pm

Thanks Sarah. I appreciate the quick response. Its great to know my add-ins are compatible with each other.

btw, thanks to you and your cohorts for supporting the whs platform. Hopefully well continue to see more quality whs add-ins from you in the future :)
AlejandraOoten

Return to Snoop-de-dupe Questions