General FAQ list

Got questions or helpful tips/tricks? Ask here!
sarah (electrongoo)

General FAQ list

Post by sarah (electrongoo) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:52 pm

Q: Does Personal Storage Host use any third-party servers to store (or temporarily store) my data?

No. All data is encrypted on the client PC before it is sent over the internet directly to your POSH server. Your encrypted data will be routed between multiple internet routers which connect your POSH server and the client PC but all POSH data is 100% hosted by you on your own private server

Q: Where can I find details on setting up and configuring Personal Online Storage Host?

Our POSH User's Guide contains detailed information on setting up and using Personal Online Storage Host as well as Archive Manager client and Personal File Sync client. You can download the guide in PDF format from our download page

Q: I'm running POSH as a stand-alone application on Windows Server. During setup it shows a red-ex next to "IIS service active" so I cannot use the Auto Configure feature. I'd rather use the Auto-Configure feature than manually configure the web service. Is there a way around this?

Yes. The Personal Storage Host Viewer application requires Administrator rights in order to update the IIS service. So, close the Personal Storage Host Viewer application. Browse to the folder C:\Program Files\electrongoo\Personal Storage Host\ then right-click on the WindowsClientOBHViewer.exe file and select "Run As Administrator" which will grant access to POSH to update the IIS service. You should NOT have to run Personal Storage Host Viewer as administrator ever again. This is a one-time issue in order to configure POSH during first-time setup only. We do not recommend running the Personal storage Host Viewer with administrator rights under other conditions.

Q: I have a question. How do I contact you?

You can contact us via email at support @