Scheduler

Got questions or helpful tips/tricks? Ask here!
Yakinix

Scheduler

Post by Yakinix » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:29 pm

hi...is it possible to schedule events using integrity checker??

sarah (electrongoo)

Re: Scheduler

Post by sarah (electrongoo) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:29 pm

Integrity Checker runs as an "always on" process so scheduling an integrity activation is never required; simply enable Integrity Checker on your server and it will always keep all integrity stamps up to date on all new/changed files located on your server. Running an integrity scan (i.e. validation of integrity stamps) is not schedulable. You must open the Integrity Checker tab on the server dashboard and select run an integrity scan whenever you wish to run a validation scan.

Sarah.

Yakinix

Re: Scheduler

Post by Yakinix » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:29 pm

OK, seriously, this is something that should be changed. The idea of Integrity Checker is great, and there is someone on the HomeServerShow forums who is actively looking for something like this: http://homeservershow.com/forums/index. ... ver-build/.

However, this is my 2 cents: Integrity Checker really needs the ability to have Integrity Scans automated. Furthermore, users should have the ability to ask for the scan results to be emailed to them. Even further, they should have the ability to choose if the emails should be sent only when issues are found with 1 or more files, or sent regardless of finding errors.

I believe adding this feature would make Integrity Checker much more appealing to potential buyers.